See It In Person - On Display In Our Showroom!
INDEPENDENCE DAY SALE - FREE SHIPPING AVAILABLE! (CONUS only)
Yes, our inventory is accurate!
We do not offer products for purchase unless they are in stock.
- Large 203mm aperture delivers dazzling views, 1200mm focal length, f/5.9 focal ratio
- Built in Wi-Fi allows you to control the telescope from your phone, tablet, or laptop
- Innovative collapsible design for portability, storage, and back focus for astrophotography all while retaining collimation
- 814x more light-gathering power than the human eye
- Patented Freedom Find™ technology uses dual encoders to allow manual control while retaining alignment
- Patented tension control handle allows for precise slewing and maximum stability
- Parabolic primary mirror with Radiant™ Aluminum Quartz (RAQ™) coating for 94% light reflectivity
- Heavy-duty rocker box with Teflon™ bearings provide a stable base with smooth motion
- 2-inch single-speed Crayford-style focuser with 1.25-inch adapter allows for use of nearly any eyepiece
- 9x50 straight-through finderscope, 10 and 25mm 4-element 1.25-inch Plössl eyepieces, and SynScan hand controller with 42,000+ object database included
Sky-Watcher’s Flextube SynScan GoTo Collapsible Dobsonian series are the telescopes your mother warned you about. Big aperture, bigger attitude, with all the innovations that make Sky-Watcher the obvious choice when hunting for that Goldilocks zone where value meets desire. Ranging from the standard 8 to a whopping 16 inches in diameter, Flextube SynScan Dobsonians are precision engineered instruments that will allow you to easily find and enjoy viewing night sky treasures such as planets and the Moon, nebulae, star clusters, galaxies and much more. With its patented collapsible tube design, these Dobsonians are truly the ultimate in portability and performance which is crucial when travelling to dark skies to make the most of these impressively large telescopes.
The elegant truss tube design was carefully engineered to combine ease of use, extreme portability, and consistent performance in an affordable package. Unlike other truss tube designs, the Flextube Dobsonian does not need to be disassembled between uses. It transports as two compact pieces (optical tube and rocker box) that can be assembled and ready to use in just seconds! It is easy to collimate once set up, and it holds its collimation throughout the evening and even after being collapsed!
The patented Tension Control Handle allows users to add or reduce tension, thereby increasing or decreasing the friction between the optical tube and the sideboards.
The patented Freedom Find dual encoder design allows the telescope to be moved manually whenever the user wishes - but with no need for re-alignment!
The SynScan hand controller allows you to point your telescope to a specific object, or even tour the best objects in the night sky at the touch of a button!! The user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 42,900 objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions.
If you prefer to control the telescope from your phone, tablet, or laptop, the scope comes with a WiFi connection to allow you to do so.
The Flextube SynScan series seamlessly combines the convenience and affordability of the traditional Dobsonian with the performance and precision of a computerized GoTo telescope all to help you in your quest for big aperture views.
SynScan hand control SPECIFICATIONS:
- Built-in Wi-Fi control
- Power supply: 10 to 15 V DC 1Amp, 2.1mm plug (center positive)
- Motor type: DC Servo Motors
- Resolution: motor encoder: 1,620,000 counts per revolution, main axis encoder: 11,748 counts per revolution
- Slew speeds: 1.0X, 2.0X, 8X, 16X, 32X, 200X, 400X, 600X, 800X, 1000X
- Tracking rates: Sidereal, Lunar, and Solar
- Tracking mode: Dual Axis Tracking
- Alignment method: Brightest-Star Alignment, Two-Star Alignment
- Database: 25 user defined objects. Complete Messier, NGC and IC catalog, partial SAO catalogues, with a total 42,900 objects
- GoTo pointing accuracy: Up to 5 arc min
|Mirror Coatings||94% Reflectivity Aluminum|
|Primary Aperture (mm)||203|
|Focal Length (mm)||1200|
|Secondary Obstruction (by diameter)||24%|
|Secondary Obstruction by Area||6%|
|Light Gathering compared to human eye||814x|
|Focuser||2" Crayford single-speed|
|OTA Length (Retracted/Extended)||33"/44"|
|OTA Outer Diameter||9.375"|
|OTA Weight (with accessories)||24.2 lbs.|
|Dob Base Weight||33 lbs.|
|Dob Base Measurements||30"x20"|
|Zenith Eyepiece Height||47"|
|Included Finder||9x50 Finder|
|Included Eyepieces||25mm and 10mm Plossls|
|Magnification with Included Eyepieces||48x/120x|